Give yourself a little energy boost with these Honey Nut Cheerios Protein Bites. With a few simple ingredients, this delicious no-bake recipe will curb your hunger and make your day a little tastier.
Table of Contents
Honey Nut Cheerios Protein Bites
The busy life of a mom is made easier by simple things like an effortless and delicious recipe that curbs your (or your kids’) hunger and is made with nutritious ingredients you likely have on hand! These Honey Nut Cheerios Protein Bites are perfect anytime, but especially when you need a little energy boost.
A total mom win!
There are a few parenting wins I picked up from my parents. Of course, as a child, I didn’t realize how valuable they would be, but now as a mom, I do. One of these wins is getting your kids to eat wholesome and nutritious snacks and cereals.
We always had a box of Cheerios in the kitchen cabinet for breakfast or after-school munching when I was young. Hello, whole grains! Now, there’s always a box of Cheerios in my pantry and my kids enjoy them too, so things have come full circle.
I’m feeling a little nostalgic! I even remember when Honey Nut Cheerios came out! My brothers and I loved its honey and almond flavor. That’s why we find these Honey Nut Cheerios Protein Bites so good.
How to Make Honey Nut Cheerios Protein Bites
This recipe is quite simple – with just a few ingredients you have a delicious little snack. First, grab a large bowl and place the peanut butter, honey, protein powder, flax seeds, and coconut inside.
Mix thoroughly and then add your Honey Nut Cheerios and chocolate chips and mix again.
Place in a pan lined with parchment paper and press down. If you want a little extra chocolate, throw a few more chocolate chips on top. Place in refrigerator until solid.
Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
Tips for Making Honey Nut Cheerios Protein Bites
- Natural Peanut Butter works best in the recipe, but any creamy peanut butter will do.
- These protein bites are best kept in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- This recipe is best if eaten within a few days of making.
If you’ve tried these Honey Nut Cheerios Protein Bites or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Honey Nut Cheerios Protein Bites
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I prefer natural)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios Cereal
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside. In a large bowl mix peanut butter, honey, protein powder, shredded coconut and ground flax seed. When fully combined, mix in Cheerios and chocolate chips.
- Press into lined pan and add a few more chocolate chips to the top if desired. Refrigerate until firm. Slice into 16 squares.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
These Honey Nut Cheerios Protein Bites are easy to make and help your busy family eat nutritiously when things get a little hectic. Seriously, moms and kids love these!! They’re great for so many occasions –after-school snacks, post workouts, lunches, or whenever you need a little protein boost. So grab a box of Cheerios at your local Walmart and share a box with someone special today!
Other Recipes Moms and Kids Love