You have to try these easy Grilled Pineapple Meatball Skewers! A simple dinner recipe that’s kid-friendly and on the table in less than 20 minutes!
Easy Pineapple Meatball Skewers
Summertime is meant for grillin’! Who doesn’t love the simplicity of eating and entertaining outdoors – we do especially since we did a little patio makeover! These Pineapple Meatball Skewers make an easy meal to whip together and throw on the BBQ. And they’re even weeknight quick!
I admit it. I’m one of those moms. I call from the bottom of the stairs and get the kids helping in the kitchen at dinner time. The reason? So they have some culinary skills (beyond toaster waffles and cereal) before they leave the house. They know how to make their own school lunches too! They’ll thank me later I’m sure! 🙂
Anyway, this is one of those recipes they actually enjoy helping with. Kids, big or small, can thread some juicy meatballs and sweet pineapple on a skewer. Maybe slurping up a mouthful of pineapple along the way 🙂 These really are the Meatball Skewers for Kids!
How To Make Pineapple Meatballs on a Stick
This recipe couldn’t be easier! Six ingredients and you’ve got yourself a tasty meal that’s kid friendly! Let’s get started!
Thaw or partially cook the meatballs according to your package instructions. You can use turkey or beef meatballs, both are good. Set aside. Cut up your fresh pineapple.
Get the grill fired up!
Combine your sauce ingredients – crushed pineapple, tomato paste, garlic and brown sugar in medium saucepan. Make sure you stir frequently and cook until heated through. This usually takes less than five minutes. Add the meatballs and coat completely with sauce.
Cool meatballs and then thread them and pineapple slices on metal or bamboo skewers. (If using wood, don’t forget to soak them first.) Cook directly on the grill for about 5 minutes each side to get a delicious-looking sear on the pineapples.
Get ready to eat a delicious meal the kids will rave about!
If you’ve tried these Pineapple Meatball Skewers or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Easy Grilled Pineapple Meatball Skewers
- 1 lb precooked meatballs
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into sections
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 oz. tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar (or to taste)
- Thaw or partially cook the meatballs according to package directions so that you will be able to safely insert a skewer. Set aside.
- Combine the crushed pineapple, tomato paste, garlic and brown sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Cook until hot throughout and fully combined.
- Add in the meatballs and stir to coat completely.
- Let cool if the kids are helping assemble the skewers. Meanwhille, heat the grill to medium high heat.
- Thread the meatballs and pineapple slices on metal or bamboo skewers. Cook directly on the grill for about 5 minutes each side to get a delicious-looking sear on the pineapples.
Tips for Grilled Pineapple Meatballs
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water 30 minutes before using to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Your choice, turkey or beef meatballs work with this recipe. We love Pineapple Turkey Meatballs to change things up! Just follow the same recipes, but substitute your meat of choice.
- Pineapple Meatball Skewers also make a great appetizer for get-togethers! Who doesn’t love meat on a stick??
Items Used to Make This Recipe:
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
More Delicious Summer Recipes:
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!