This Easy and refreshing Grape Salad is a must-make! So simple, yet perfect for picnics, BBQs and cookouts! Juicy grapes smothered in cheesecake and topped with crunchy granola! Only 10-minutes to make!
Easy Grape Salad
No question, juicy grapes are delicious popped in your mouth and eaten on their own but make them into a dessert salad and you’ve got something special you’re gonna want to share!
This easy Grape Salad is perfect for any picnics and potlucks you attend this summer - or whenever you want something delectably sweet and refreshing.
How to Make a Grape Salad Recipe
You could say this dessert salad is a one-bowl-wonder! You can mix your creamy cheesecake base and then add your grapes into the same bowl - add toppings and be ready to serve it to guests.
How about that!?!
You want to first wash and dry your grapes. We find doing this ahead of time and letting them sit on the counter to dry while I do something productive is a good way to go.
And 4 pounds of grapes sound like a lot, but it’s the perfect amount to feed a group.
Next, in a large bowl, you’ll mix the room temperature cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and splash of fresh lemon.
Then add your grapes and mix those in. Transfer to a serving bowl (if using one) and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Top with granola and enjoy!
Topping for Red Grape Salad
The topping choices for this salad are endless. Try any one of these:
- Add a little a few tablespoons of brown sugar on top for added sweetness.
- Instead of the granola, you could use smashed Butterfinger candy bars, chopped walnuts, or chopped pecans.
How to Make a Grape Salad with Cool Whip
This delightful, creamy summer salad can also be made with Cool Whip instead of the sour cream. Just follow the recipe and swap the sour cream out and replace it with cool whip.
Then, enjoy it as usual.
Grape Salad with Butterfinger
Some may be saying add Butterfinger to a salad, wwwhat, that can't be! And others will be saying, yes, please!
If you're in the latter group, follow the recipe as written, but omit the granola and add ½ cup crushed Butterfinger as the topping. It really is a treat 🙂
Tips for Making A Grape Salad
- The flavor and color combination of red and green grapes is wonderful, but feel free to use one kind or the other.
- If you don’t have a fresh lemon on hand, it can be omitted. It does add a nice complement to the sweetness, though.
- You can make this salad ahead of time (some say it’s even better the next day), and top when ready to serve.
- Making Easy Grape Salad for a potluck recipe to share with friends? Click print and then select the servings you need on the recipe card to adjust the ingredients to match how many you’re feeding—the recipe does the math for you, it’s that easy.
What You’ll Need to Make This Grape Salad with Cream Cheese
- Large mixing bowl - perfect for so many recipes. You can’t go wrong with having one or two in your kitchen.
- Spatula - from cooking to baking this kitchen utensil is a workhorse!
- Serving Bowl - it’s always nice to have a pretty bowl to take to picnics and potlucks this time of year.
You have to try this simple and fast recipe, but be prepared to get asked for the recipe again and again and again!
We Love Hearing from YOU!
If you try this Grape Salad Recipe or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below, we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
This recipe originally appeared on The Slow Roasted Italian.
Easy Grape Salad
- 4 pounds seedless red or green grapes (or a combination)
- 8 oz package softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup granola
- Wash and dry grapes, set aside. In a large bowl mix together softened cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar with electric mixer until smooth. Add vanilla and fresh lemon juice and beat at low speed until just combined.
- Add grapes to cream cheese mixture and stir until well coated. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, place in a large serving bowl if desired and sprinkle with granola.