It’s the classic Cobb Salad turned up a notch! This Cobb Pasta Salad features perfectly cooked pasta, crisp bacon, ripe tomatoes, cubed chicken, chopped eggs, creamy avocado, and blue cheese dressing. Delish! It takes less than 30-minutes to put together.
Table of Contents
Cobb Pasta Salad
If you’re craving the classic cobb salad, why not take it up a notch and make it a hearty meal! Prepping the ingredients for a Cobb Pasta Salad always makes your mouth water!
There’s something about the combination of flavors. The perfectly cooked pasta, crisp bacon, ripe tomatoes, cubed chicken, chopped eggs, creamy avocado, and blue cheese, come together to make a fresh and filling meal in a short amount of time.
This is one of those dishes that seems like a lot a work, but after chopping some veggies and cooking some pasta and bacon, all you have to do is assemble! This is a wonderful and fresh 30-minute meal!
We do love our salads! This Shrimp Salad is a tasty winner, too!
This main-dish salad is great for feeding a crowd. If you’re entertaining when the weather is warm, here are some Tips for Summer Entertaining that will make things easy on you!
How To Make A Cobb Pasta Salad
One of the wonderful things about this pasta salad recipe is that you can kinda customize it to your liking.
We often use bow tie pasta because it has a little personality, but you can use any medium-sized pasta (1 pound) for the recipe.
Tip: Once it’s cooked al dente (which means cooked firm to the bite), run it under cold water to cool it down and make sure it doesn’t stick together.
Next, comes the fresh ingredients that really make this pasta sing. While your bacon is cooking (8 slices), cut up your tomatoes (1 1/2 cups) and avocado (1 large), chop your cooked chicken (2 cups) and hard-boiled eggs (4 eggs), slice the green onions (3 medium), and crumble your blue cheese (1/3 cup).
Tip: To keep the smell and mess to a minimum, cook your bacon in the oven.
When bacon is done and cooled, chop or crumble it. This can be done ahead of time for easy prep.
Finally, place the cooked and cooled pasta in a large bowl.
Tip: Reserve a few of the add-in ingredients to place on top if you wish. Garnishing always makes a recipe better!
Add all remaining ingredients and pour dressing (1 cup) over the salad and toss lightly to coat. Top with reserved add-in ingredients. Your salad will look super appetizing at this point!
Wow! This is such as easy pasta salad to assemble.
Try to resist eating a bite or two until it gets to the table – if you can!
Tips for Making a Pasta Cobb Salad
- I like using farfalle pasta (the bow-ties are so cute), but any type of medium-sized pasta could be substituted like penne or fusilli.
- The ranch dressing is a perfect match for this salad, but feel free to use blue cheese or other dressing of your choice.
- This salad can be made up to a day ahead of time. However, we recommend adding the avocado and dressing just before serving.
- If your pasta salad is being made ahead of time, add a little extra dressing because it soaks in and will become a little dry.
- The following can also be added in – chopped cucumbers, corn or stick with the traditional theme and serve over crisp lettuce.
We Love to Hear from You!
If you try this Pasta Cobb Salad or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below, we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
This recipe originally appeared on The Slow Roasted Italian
Cobb Pasta Salad
- 1 pound farfalle (or other medium-sized pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 cups cooked (chopped chicken)
- 8 slices bacon (cooked & crumbled)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (peeled & chopped)
- 1 large avocado (peeled & chopped)
- 3 medium green onions (sliced)
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing
- Cook pasta al dente per the package instructions. Run under cold water to cool and rinse starch off.
- Cook bacon and prepare all other ingredients. If desired, reserve a few of each add-in ingredient to place on top of pasta salad for garnish.
- Place cooked and cooled pasta in a large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and pour dressing over the salad and toss lightly to coat.
- Garnish with reserved ingredients. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to a day.
Other Easy Summer Recipes You Might Enjoy