These Pumpkin Spice Cookies are the perfect fall recipe. A soft and chewy pumpkin cookie with white chocolate chips that's almost impossible not to eat warm from the oven!
Yay! It's pumpkin spice season! It's one of the best things about having to say goodbye to the warm days of summer. Fall baking is the best! These amazing Pumpkin Spice Cookies are the perfect way to get your fix!
Wouldn't they make a nice after-school treat?
Can you believe Starbucks released their Pumpkin Spice Latte early this year in August? They didn't even wait until September.
This tells us that everyone is more eager than ever to get their hands on everything pumpkin spice, so let's get to the recipe!
But first, you may want to check out these fan favorites.
Table of Contents
More Pumpkin Spice Recipes
Ok, now on to the super delish recipe!
How to Make - Step By Step Directions
So, the twist with this recipe is the addition of white chocolate to the cookies. Now you have pumpkin and chocolate, so there's no turning back!
Pure delight in every bite!
Step 1 - Preheat
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Now, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or use a Silpat baking mat (our fav) and set it aside.
Step 2 - Combine Dry Ingredients
In a medium bowl, combine your dry ingredients - the flour through salt.
Here is a DIY recipe for Pumpkin Pie Spice.
Step 3- Mix Wet Ingredients
Next, in a stand mixer or large mixing bowl and handheld mixer, beat butter until fluffy for about 30 seconds. Now, add granulated and brown sugar and beat until combined. Don't forget to scrape down the edges to get a good mix!
Now, add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
Next, beat in the pumpkin puree and vanilla.
Step 4 - Combine Ingredients
Finally, beat in flour mixture and white chocolate chips.
Your pumpkin cookie batter is ready!
Step 5 - Place on Baking Sheet and Bake
Place approximately 2 tablespoons of dough on the prepared baking pan (we like to use a cookie scoop) about 2 inches apart.
Now, bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Your kitchen will smell ahhhmazing - like baking heaven - and you'll want to bite into these warm goodies as soon as they come out of the oven!
Cool on the baking pan for about 2 minutes, and then transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack.
Video Tutorial for Making Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Make sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling in your cookies.
- One of the best ways for your cookies turn out perfect every time, with golden brown edges and soft middles, is a Silpat Baking Mat. We won't bake cookies on anything else.
How to Store Pumpkin Cookies
- To store, layer your cookies between waxed paper and place in an airtight container. They last about 3 days at room temperature.
- To freeze, cool completely and place in an airtight, freezer-safe container for about 3 months. Follow our tips for preventing freezer burn and they'll be fresh and delicious when you take them out of the freezer.
Kitchen Supplies Needed
Mixing Bowls - Non-skid bottoms baking mixing easy for these kitchen staples.
Stand Mixer - I love my KitchenAid!!! I've used it for more than 18 years, and it's still going strong 🙂
Cookie Scoop - Perfectly proportioned cookies every time! Easy to use too!
Silpat Baking Mat - Turn ANY pan into a non-stick surface and save time cleaning up! Use Silpat® instead for any baking recipe (sweet or savory) that calls for parchment paper.
We Love Hearing from You!
If you try this Pumpkin Spice Cookie Recipe or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below, we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
Pumpkin Spice Cookies Recipe
- mixing bowl
- Baking pan
- cookie scoop
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin ((pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling))
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 10-12 oz. package white chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or use a Silpat baking mat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine your dry ingredients, flour through salt.
- In a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl and handheld mixer, beat butter until fluffy for about 30 seconds. Now, add granulated and brown sugar and beat until combined. Scrape down the edges as you mix. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Mix in pumpkin puree and vanilla. Mix in flour mixture until well combined and then white chocolate chips.
- Place approximately 2 tablespoons of dough on the prepared pan about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Cool on the baking pan for about 2 minutes and then transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack. Enjoy!
Enjoy autumn and pumpkin spice season!
Other Delicious Cookie Recipes