How about the taste of a Philly cheesesteak in a juicy burger! This recipe is so easy! Top your Philly Cheesesteak burger with melted provolone cheese, grilled onions, bell peppers, and savor the flavors!
Table of Contents
Philly Cheesesteak Burger
There are a few dinners our whole family can agree on. Burgers are at the top of the list. My teenage son would eat them every day (maybe twice a day) if I’d let him. It’s fun to mix it up and create delicious creations like this Philly Cheesesteak Burger, which oozes awesome flavor!
With 4 busy kids who have after-school activities and need chauffeuring, one of the easiest ways to get dinner on the table on busy weeknights is grabbing something from the freezer - like a BUBBA burger®. They are high quality; 100% USDA choice chuck beef with no additives (no added sodium or seasoning), so no unwanted fillers here.
In the early 1990s, the BUBBA burger® was created by Walter “Bubba” Eaves. Bubba had a mission and a dream to create a perfect and juicy burger. Well, he did it! Let’s get to this Cheesesteak Burger Recipe and see what you think!
How to Make a Cheesesteak Burger Recipe
Making a Cheesesteak Burger is easy enough for a weeknight or fun enough for get-togethers! First, grab your Bubba Burgers from the freezer and heat up your grill or cast-iron skillet.
Next, cut your onions and peppers into thin slices. Place in a medium bowl and toss with a little olive oil.
Let get grillin’! Place your frozen burgers on a medium-high preheated grill. Wait until you see juices flow on top to flip it over, and don’t press it down! Once burgers are flipped, cook until internal temperatures reach 161 degrees F.
Add a slice of provolone cheese to each burger at the last minute of cooking. The oozy cheese really makes this burger! If you’re so inclined, add two slices of aged provolone during the last minute of grilling.
Toast buns if you like them that way - we do!
To assemble your Cheesesteak Burgers, place burgers with cheese on buns and top with grilled onions and peppers. Add any other condiments and take a big juicy bite!
Tips for Making a Philly Cheesesteak Burger
- Use whatever type of pepper you like best in this recipe - green, red, yellow, or orange.
- To save time, you can make your grilled peppers and onions ahead and heat them when ready to serve your burgers.
- You can also roast the peppers and onions in the oven if that’s easier.
- For those who like a little kick, you can add some pickled hot peppers to your burger.
- Serve these burgers with french fries, sweet potato fries or tater tots and a side salad.
- We’re also big fans of BUBBA burger® Grass-Fed Burgers - you should give them a try, too!
Philly Cheesesteak Burgers
- 4 Bubba Burgers
- 1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 hamburger rolls
- salt and pepper
- Cut onions and peppers in thin slices. Place in a medium bowl and toss with olive oil.
- Place frozen burgers on preheated grill or skillet on medium high heat. Add salt and pepper if desired. Wait until you see juices flow on top to flip it over. Don’t press it! Once burgers are flipped over, cook until internal temperatures reaches 161 degrees F. Add a slice of provolone cheese to each burger the last minute of cooking.
- While burgers cook, place peppers and onion in a grill pan on the grill or a cast iron pan on the stove. Cook until slightly soft and browned, about 15 minutes.
- Toast buns if desired.
- To assemble, place cheese topped burgers on buns and top with grilled onions and peppers. Add any other condiments and enjoy!
Yes, a normal burger is great, but a burger with fun toppings will instantly make your weeknight dinners special (my son loves this one) or entertaining with friends a total hit!
You May Also Like these Dinner Recipes: