Zesty JALAPEÑO POPPER TOPPERS with WHEAT THINS make the perfect snack for your game day spread. Bite-sized, but plenty of kick featuring a creamy, cheesy spread topped with a fresh jalapeño that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.
Do you want zesty?? Come and get it! Whether you’re entertaining friends or you need the perfect appetizer for the big game, these Jalapeño Popper Toppers are the perfect fit!
Why You'll Love the Recipe
- FLAVOR -These little bit-sized poppers have flavor galore AND make the best addition to parties.
- QUICK & EASY - This Jalapeños appetizer is so EASY! It's ready in less than 10 minutes. With a few simple ingredients and you have yourself the perfect little snack!
- Cream cheese - this is the base of your cheesy topping. You can use a regular or a low-fat variety of cream cheese.
- Jalapeños - we characterize the flavor of fresh jalapenos as bright, vegetabley, with a slight level of heat, which is the perfect complement to cheese!
- Mexican cheese blend - the blend of cheeses gives this recipe an added dimension and pairs perfectly with the jalapenos.
- Fire-roasted green chiles - these add to the flavor profile, and it's fine to use mild or spicy green chiles, depending on what you prefer.
- Garlic powder - a little garlic to amp up the flavor.
- Parmesan cheese - Parmesan is a little sharp and nutty at the same time, which gives the cream cheese a more complex flavor.
- Wheat Thin Crackers - or your cracker of choice. Ritz Crackers would also be delicious with this recipe.
So, when we say this recipe is easy, we mean it! You can even make it ahead and spoon it on your WHEAT THINS right before guests arrive for the big game, and you’re ready to watch, cheer, and eat!
Grab your ingredients, and let’s get started!
STEP 1 - cut each of your fresh jalapeños into 12 thin slices and set aside. Then, take your room-temperature cream cheese and place it in a medium-sized bowl. Next, add your remaining ingredients and mix them together.
STEP 2 - spoon an even amount on each WHEAT THIN.
STEP 3 - top each cracker with a slice of jalapeño.
Place them on a serving tray and watch as they disappear within minutes!
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- MAKE AHEAD: This is a wonderful make-ahead recipe. Simply make your cheese mixture and cut the Jalapeños, then place them in the fridge. Assemble the crackers before serving.
- SERVE WARM: Heat your oven to 350°F. Spread crackers with cheese mixture as directed; place on a lined baking sheet. Then, bake for 5 minutes and top with peppers.
- STORING: Store any leftover crackers in the fridge for a day or two. Note that the crackers will soften, but the topping will still be delicious!
Let us know what you think!
★ Did you make this Jalapeño Appetizer recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Jalapeño Popper Toppers
- medium mixing bowl
- Spatula or cooking spoon
- 4 oz package cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 2 ounces fired roasted green chiles (more or less to your liking)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 36 WHEAT THINS crackers
- 3 jalapeños (cut into 12 thin slices)
- Mix softened cream cheese, shredded Mexican cheese, roasted green chilies, garlic powder and Parmesan in a medium bowl.
- Spoon the mixture onto WHEAT THINS .
- Top each cracker with a sliced jalapeño pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!