This easy 5-minute Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub is a must-make homemade DIY! You'll become obsessed! Not only does it smell amazing, but it also smooths and exfoliates your skin for pennies.
Want the perfect cure for the hustle and bustle of the holiday season?
This simple Pumpkin Spice Brown Sugar Scrub definitely has you covered! It smells amazing and smooths and pampers your rough spots with ease. (And it smells like pumpkin pie, what could be better!)
This time of year can be so hectic, but a little self-care can go a loooong way.
Trust us! Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipes are the remedy!
Sometimes you just need a few minutes to yourself 🙂 This simple Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub would also be a great option!
You can learn the difference between sugar scrubs and salt scrubs to know when to use which one.
Not only is this sugar scrub super easy to make in less than 10 minutes, but it also costs only pennies. So, treat yourself!
Better yet, double the batch, so you have a lovely handmade gift for someone special. Maybe a friend, teacher, or coworker?
The Benefits of Sugar Scrubs
Beyond its ability to pamper you at an extremely inexpensive cost, a sugar scrub is a good choice to exfoliate and smooth your skin if it’s extremely sensitive. A scrub can be used all over the body, not just on the face.
When making a sugar scrub yourself, another benefit will be it contains minerals that are found in sugar cane that are good for your body. Along with the glycolic acid found in natural sugars, the minerals can protect your skin, keeping toxins out.
Supplies for Making a Pumpkin Pie Sugar Scrub
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
Cute Jar with an airtight lid
Ingredients Listed Below
Bowl and Spoon
Note: We find this recipe fits perfectly in an 8-ounce jar.
- 1 cup brown sugar (organic if possible)
- ½ cup oil (almond, olive, or coconut work best)
- ½ teaspoon vitamin E oil (optional -
- 1 - 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spices (or 1 - 2 teaspoons cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
Can You Put Vanilla Extract in a Sugar Scrub?
Yes, you can put vanilla extract in a sugar scrub. It's an all-natural ingredient that brings a delicious sweet smell to your scrub.
What Kind of Coconut Oil is Best for a Pumpkin Sugar Scrub?
We prefer to use organic non-fractionated virgin coconut oil (the soft, slightly solid kind) because it contains the therapeutic benefits you're looking for in a scrub. Those benefits include reducing inflammation and keeping skin moisturized.
Also, it contains antimicrobial properties that can help treat acne and protect the skin from harmful bacteria.
We also love olive oil, grapeseed oil, and almond oil for making scrubs.
How to Use Your Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Scoop a small amount of the Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub in your hands with a spoon.
- Scrub all over your hands, legs, or feet – or wherever you’d like a little extra softness.
- Allow the scrub to sit on your skin for 3-4 minutes. Enjoy this time to rest and relax.
- Rinse well and then pat dry with a soft towel.
Scrubs are great for prepping your legs before shaving.
How Long Does a Scrub Last?
Enjoy the sweet smell of Pumpkin Spice (at a fraction of the cost of a pumpkin spice latte) and silky smooth skin! Since this handmade body scrub is an all-natural product, it won’t last forever.
Plan to use it within a month or two. If using coconut oil in your scrub and it hardens, warm it for a minute in your hands or melt it slightly in the microwave.
This recipe was originally published on Somewhat Simple.
DIY Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup oil almond, olive, or coconut work best
- ½ teaspoon vitamin E oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spices or 1 teaspoon cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon real vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. You can add more or less oil to your liking. Soften your coconut oil in the microwave if needed before mixing.
- Store in an airtight container. Since this recipe doesn’t contain any preservatives, it’s best if it’s used within a month or two.