Grab a spoon and dig into this insanely good White Chicken Lasagna Soup. This satisfying one-pot comfort food recipe is simple, flavorful and delicious!
Table of Contents
One-Pot White Chicken Lasagne Soup
This time of year calls for soup! Am I right? It’s like wrapping yourself in a warm blanket of delicious homemade goodness. This One Pot White Chicken Lasagna Soup is the perfect comfort food to feed your family on weeknights or any night. It’s like the creamy white Italian pasta in soup form. Yum!
My love of soup developed later in life, so I’m glad my kids didn’t wait that long to love its warm and satisfying wholesome flavor. Soup is so versatile too. It freezes well and it’s easy to take out and warm up for a quick meal. I like to pack this soup with fresh veggies so it’s a complete meal in a bowl that doesn’t disappoint.
The kids don’t mind the peppers, onions, zucchini, and spinach because they’re surrounded by the thick and creamy sauce and noodles. Literally a kid’s dream!
When we’re craving soup, another family favorite is this Chicken enchilada Verde Soup.
Tips for Cooking One Pot Lasagna Soup
To make this one-pot meal, start with a roasted chicken to make it even easier, but you can certainly cook your chicken at home before adding it to the recipe.
Some other tips, don’t worry about breaking the noodles evenly before putting them in the soup. No one will know the difference once it’s cooked!
Also, we use whole wheat noodles for a little nutrition boost, but you can certainly use regular if that’s what your family prefers.
Since this soup recipe is a one-pot wonder (you saute and veggies in the same pot you cook the rest of the soup), clean up is a breeze!
A bonus for us busy moms!
Depending on the size of your family, this White Chicken Lasagna Soup recipe is large enough to eat one night and then freeze the leftovers for another, saving you time in the kitchen. Who isn’t a big fan of that??
We Love To Hear From You!
If you’ve tried this One Pot White Chicken Lasagna Soup or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
This recipe originally appeared on Real Housemoms
One-Pot White Chicken Lasagna Soup
- 1 pound cooked chopped chicken (We like to use a store-bought roasted chicken)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 red pepper (diced)
- 1 zucchini (shredded)
- 5-6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 9 cups low sodium chicken broth (divided)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon each dried parsley. dried basil (dried basil)
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 10 uncooked regular or whole wheat lasagna noodles (broken into 1-2 inch pieces)
- 2-3 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- 8 oz chopped frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook carrots, onions and peppers about 3 minutes or until tender. Add zucchini and garlic and cook for an additional minute. Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly creating a thick mixture.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and gradually add 8 cups of chicken broth, stirring constantly. Whisk together cornstarch with 1 cup of chicken broth and stir into soup. Add cooked chicken, chicken bouillon and all herbs and spices to the pot. Stir in broken lasagna noodles.
- Bring the pot back to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until lasagna noodles are cooked through, about 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally so noodles don't stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Turn heat down to low and discard bay leaves. Pour in half and half, optional heavy cream, and spinach and let warm. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish with mozzarella cheese and enjoy!
Spoiler: This soup is way better than anything you can get out of a can…it warms your soul! Enjoy!
YOUR MAY ALSO LIKE: