Meatball Parmesan Bites are the perfect appetizer for any party. Tender beef meatballs, infused with garlic, breadcrumbs, and parmesan, smothered in Italian red sauce and topped with melted mozzarella and fresh basil. Yum!
Table of Contents
Delicious Meatball Parmesan Bites
When it comes to entertaining, easy and delicious are what you want. A necessity if you ask us! Then you have to try this tasty Meatball Parm Recipe!
Tender meatballs, infused with garlic, breadcrumbs, and parmesan, smothered in Italian red sauce and topped with melted mozzarella and fresh basil. They’re like an Italian Cocktail meatball.
These bite-sized meatball appetizers are incredibly yummy and work for just about any occasion.
Plus, they’re low carb!
Ways to Eat Meatball Parmesan Bites
No matter the season, we put these Parmesan Meatballs on the menu.
They’re perfect for New Year’s Eve, game night, or any time you’re gathering with friends!
We host a few friends and their kids, and meatballs are just one of those things everyone enjoys. Who doesn’t love meat on a stick, especially when it’s topped with cheese??
You’re probably thinking the same thing; these are also great game day food.
Yep, perfect for your Super Bowl shin-dig when finger and bite-sized snacks are in high demand!
Gameday is also meant for these 3-ingredient Crockpot Meatballs!
How to Make Meatball Parmesan Bites
Ok, let get to making our cheesy, garlic-infused meatball parmesan recipe.
This is as simple as putting the meat, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, and spices in a large bowl and mixing them up.
Next, once the ingredients are mixed, create a meatball the size of a golf ball. We find it easiest to roll it in our hands to form the balls.
Now, cook these in a large skillet with some olive oil until browned on all sides. You can take them out and set them aside because now it’s time for the delicious dipping sauce.
Place marinara in a skillet with the garlic slices and remaining parmesan.
Once it’s simmering, place your cooked meatballs back in the sauce. Making sure to spoon some over the meatballs, so they’re nestled in the sauce. Cover your pan and simmer for about 10 minutes until they are cooked through.
This is when all the flavors come together to create something amazing! What’s better than tender meatballs with breadcrumbs and cheese!
Finally, top each meatball with a slice of cheese and let it melt. Remove from the pan and place a folded basil leaf on top and then insert your toothpick and they’re ready to serve!
Other Appetizer Favorites
Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread – an easy appetizer with a nice flavor combination.
Tater Tot Nachos – loaded with tons of cheese and bacon, these tater tots never disappoint.
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip – the perfect large batch appetizer for any occasion!
Tips for Making the Best Meatball Parm Bites
- For ease when entertaining, the meatballs can be made ahead of time and cooked just before you want to serve.
- Whole wheat or regular breadcrumbs will work in this recipe.
- Since the recipe makes 12 meatballs, double if serving a large crowd.
- For those who like to dip, you can serve a small bowl of warm marinara sauce with your Meatball Parmesan Bites.
How To Store
If you have any leftover meatballs bites, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To reheat, place in the microwave-safe dish and heat through for approximately 1 minute.
Tell Us How It Goes!
If you try this Italian Meatball Appetizer or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below. We love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
This recipe originally appeared on Real Housemoms.
Meatball Parmesan Bites
- large bowl
- garlic press
- large skillet
- Long Toothpicks
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 cup marinara sauce
- 4 garlic cloves (divided)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (divided)
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5-6 mozzarella slices (cut into small squares)
- Fresh basil leaves (for topping)
- toothpicks for serving
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic and then thinly slice the remaining 2 cloves.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, basil, minced garlic, and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese—season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined. Use your hands to roll into golfball-sized balls.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place meatballs in skillet and brown on all sides. When the meatballs have developed a nice crispy crust, remove it from the skillet and set it aside. Now, over medium heat, pour marinara into the skillet. Stir in the sliced garlic and remaining Parmesan. Once it's simmering, place your cooked meatballs back in the sauce. Making sure to spoon some sauce over the meatballs, so they're nice and covered. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer meatballs for another 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Top each meatball with a slice of mozzarella. Cover the pan with the lid again and heat until the cheese is melted.
- Top each meatball with a folded basil leaf and insert a toothpick to serve.
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
We love using our Cast Iron Skillet for so many recipes, but especially this one. It gets the meatball bites nice and crispy and simmers the sauce perfectly.
Definitely, add these Meatball Parm Bites to your next gathering. They taste as good as they look! Your guests will be impressed!
We guarantee there won’t be any leftovers.