Easy Cinnamon Bun Flaxseed Muffins are a low-carb nutritional powerhouse! This healthy baking idea is gluten-free, low in sugar, and good for breakfast or snack time!
Table of Contents
Cinnamon Bun Flaxseed Muffins
Healthy Alert! These Cinnamon Bun Flaxseed Muffins pack a hearty amount of nutritional goodness in every bite! They are low in sugar, so they don’t taste overly sweet.
Plus, they’re gluten-free! You can even make them Keto if you like!
Are Flax Muffins Good for You?
If you need a little fiber in your diet, and let’s be honest, who doesn’t! Yes, Flax Muffins are good for you. Fiber has so many benefits besides keeping you regular like:
- Fiber slows the rate that sugar is absorbed into the bloodstream, which keeps your blood glucose levels from rising too fast. Awesome!
- It lowers cholesterol levels. Soluble fiber found in beans, oats, flaxseed, and oat bran may lower total blood cholesterol levels by lowering low-density lipoprotein or “bad” cholesterol levels. Good news!
- Aids in achieving a healthy weight. No empty calories here! High-fiber foods tend to be a bit more filling than low-fiber processed foods, so you’re likely to eat less and stay satisfied longer.
So yes, lots of benefits, but kids and grown-ups like these, so let’s get to the easy recipe!
How to make Flax Muffins
This recipe makes 12 flax muffins, so if you want, you can double the recipe and freeze some for later!
It’s always smart to cook/bake once and eat twice!
This Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookie recipe is proof of that! It’s so nice to have a few waiting in the freezer for when a craving strikes!
Ok, back to the healthy flaxseed muffins!
First, you need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then, you can either get out your silicone baking pan as we like to do or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
In a large bowl, you need to combine your dry ingredients. Whisk your flaxseeds with cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Next, it’s time to mix your wet ingredients. Place eggs, water, oil, vanilla, and honey in a blender. Blend on high speed for about 30 seconds.
You should whip your mixture until foamy.
Now, mix your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients with a spatula just until combined.
The batter will be a little fluffy.
Place the batter in your muffin pan, filling each cup almost to the top—about 90 percent. We like to use a cookie scoop, which makes it way easy!
Now, bake for approximately 13-15 minutes. You can check by inserting a toothpick in the middle, and if it comes out clean, they’re done.
Finally, take your muffins out of the pan and let them cool on a cooling rack.
Now, it’s time to bite into your delicious flax muffin recipe!
Tips for Making Cinnamon Bun Flaxseed Muffins
- If you use erythritol or stevia, these totally work as Keto Flaxseed Muffins!
- These Healthy Muffins freeze well, so they’re a great make-ahead breakfast or snack.
- The decorative fruit topping is optional but does give them a little personality!
How to Make Keto Flaxseed Muffins
As mentioned, you can totally make this Keto-friendly, but using erythritol or stevia instead of sugar or honey.
Add 1/3 cup erythritol to the dry ingredients or 3/4 teaspoon liquid stevia to the wet ingredients.
How to Freeze
It’s easy to freeze these flax muffins and get them out when ready to eat. Place baked muffins in a freezer bag or airtight container, and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Either microwave for a few seconds to defrost or place in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Supplies Needed to Make a Ground Flaxseed Muffin Recipe
Mixing Bowl – a mixing bowl is a must in the kitchen! This one is great because it doesn’t slide around when mixing.
Cookie Scoop – perfect for filling muffin pans or baking perfectly proportioned cookies!
We Love Hearing From You!
If you try these Healthy Cinnamon Bun Muffins or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below; we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
Cinnamon Bun Flaxseed Muffins Recipe
- muffin tin
- 2 cups ground flaxseeds
- 1/3 cup honey (or 1/2 cup brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (omit if using brown sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup water (room temperature *)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners or get out silicone baking pan if using.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flaxseeds, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Place eggs, water, oil, vanilla, and honey in a blender. Blend on high speed for about 30 seconds. The mixture should be whipped until slightly foamy.
- Now, mix wet ingredients into your dry ingredients with a spatula just until incorporated. The batter will be a little fluffy.
- Place the batter in your muffin pan, filling each cup almost to the top. About 90 percent. Bake for approximately 13-15 minutes. You can check by inserting a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean, they're done.
- Wait 2 minutes, then take muffins out of muffin pan and cool for 15 minutes on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
You May Also Enjoy These Recipes: