Duck Tacos with Cherry Orange Salsa is a flavorful summer recipe that’ll wow your tastebuds. Sweet cherries, tart citrus, avocado, onions and chiles make the dish come alive!
Flavorful Duck Confit Tacos with Cherry Orange Salsa
The LA VICTORIA® Brand is inspired by the bold and unique Mexican-inspired foods and flavors of the West Coast. I’m a west coast girl and have loved eating Mexican food all my life – oh, those salsas and chiles! What I didn’t know is that since 1917, the iconic flavors of the LA VICTORIA® Brand have helped celebrate the creative culinary spirit of the West coast.
Wow! 100 years!
Created for LA VICTORIA® Brand by Executive Chef Gustavo Romero in celebration of 100 Years of LA VICTORIA® Brand, Duck Confit Tacos With Cherry Orange Salsa explode with a combination of flavors that makes your mouth water at first sight!
Definitely a summer recipe worth trying. You too may have to dab a little drool off your chin before you sit down to eat and someone notices. 🙂
You could say Chef Romero reimagined the simple taco recipe with this modern Mexican interpretation: succulent duck confit on a bed of jicama tortilla (or corn) and avocado mousse all topped with an orange-cherry salsa. De-licious!
For the kids, this was the first time they bit into duck. Guess what? They actually liked it! A little secret. I didn’t have time to make the duck confit, so I bought it. If duck isn’t your thing, this recipe would be just as tasty with chicken, pork or even shrimp. For me, it was the salsa that brought everything together. The sweet cherries with the tart citrus and chiles – yum!
La Victoria® Duck Tacos with Cherry Orange Salsa – by Gustavo Romero
There are three parts to the recipe (The salsa, duck marinade and avocado mousse) and you bring them all together for a flavorful taco that grabs your tastebuds at hello! LA VICTORIA® Brand salsas and chiles really make this dish come alive!
The Cherry Orange Salsa is my favorite part. Who would have thought fruit and chiles make such a great marriage? Trust me, they definitely do!
Don’t be scared by the list of ingredients for the duck marinade. You likely have most of them in your spice drawer!
Duck Tacos with Cherry Orange Salsa
- 12 (slices) Jicama
- 8 corn tortillas (optional)
- 12 oz Duck Confit
- 3 oz LA VICTORIA® Cilantro Salsa Mild
- 6 oz Orange-Cherry Salsa
- 1 1/2 oz Mexican Marinade
- 3 oz Avocado Mousse
- 3 oz Cilantro Leaves
For Orange Cherry Salsa:
- 8 segments Orange , sliced.
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 4 oz LA VICTORIA® Fired Roasted Chiles
- 2 cup Pitted and Diced Fresh Cherries
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 tbs Lime Juice
For Mexican Marinade:
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 2 oz Lemon Juice
- 2 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz Bran Oil
- 1 tsp Shallots
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tbs Cilantro , chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tbs Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Cayenne
- 2 oz Red Wine Vinegar
For Avocado Mousse:
- 1 Avocado , ripe
- 1 Garlic Clove , minced
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Orange Cherry Salsa: In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and set aside.
- Mexican Marinade: Mix vinegar, minced shallots, minced garlic and spices in a mixing bowl. Add orange and lemon juice until uniform. Stir oils and chopped fresh cilantro reserved. Stir well before use.
- Avocado Mousse: Mix all ingredients together and adjust seasoning.
- Putting it all Together:In a hot sauté pan with a little oil add duck confit and stir until hot, add Mexican marinade and set a side. Using a mandolin or a slicer, slice jicama into a thin slices. Set slices in a presentation plate. With a small spatula, smear avocado mousse into a jicama tortillas. Place hot duck confit on top of avocado mousse. Add LA VICTORIA® Salsa cilantro, orange and cherry salsa. Finish with cilantro leaves.
So invite some friends over, sit outside, sip a cool beverage and wow them with the Duck Tacos with Cherry Orange Salsa recipe!
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!