Homemade Peppermint foot soak is a wonderful DIY to pamper and rejuvenate your feet. This project is super easy and inexpensive to make and is also a perfect gift idea.
You’ll also love this relaxing Chamomile Foot Soak that’s just as easy to make.
Table of Contents
Easy Peppermint Foot Soak DIY
Cue the confetti. This is an easy and very inexpensive way to feel like you’re being pampered at the spa…without a gigantic bill! DIY Peppermint Foot Soak makes the perfect gift idea, too.
In less than 5 minutes and only a few natural ingredients, you can create a pampering gift for yourself or someone else for pennies.
This is a perfect gift idea for your girlfriends or co-workers! Wouldn’t this be great for mom or grandma??
This Chamomile Foot Soak is a great gift idea for something more relaxing.
If you want more of a foot scrub to sluff dry, cracked skin off, then try one of our sugar scrubs.
Benefits of a Peppermint Tea Foot Soak
Peppermint offers several aromatherapy benefits, including boosting energy and soothing tired muscles. Literally, there are very few body, health, and mind issues that it cannot help.
It leaves you feeling refreshed and revitalized.
In combination with the Epsom salts, this peppermint foot soak DIY also helps relieve pain and relaxes the nerves.
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
Materials Needed To Make Epsom Salt Peppermint Foot Soak Recipe
- Powdered Milk (makes your feet soft and smooth)
- Epsom Salt
- Loose Peppermint Tea and/or Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1/2 Pint Size Jar
Tip: to control foot odor, you can also add baking soda to your recipe.
Tips for Making a Homemade Foot Soak
- This recipe makes about a 1/2 pint (or 1 cup) but could be doubled or tripled to create larger batches for gifts or party favors.
- If you don’t have loose leaf tea, opening a tea bag works as well!
- For reference, your Epsom Salt Peppermint Footbath recipe will last a couple of months if properly sealed in an airtight jar.
Printable Tags for Your DIY Foot Soak
So, if you’re giving your foot soak as a gift, then you definitely need a cute little tag!
Click here to download your printable version of the tags pictured.
To make the scalloped edge, punch them out with this craft punch. Add a pretty ribbon or some twine and you’re all set!
As an alternative, you can always just cut them out as a circle if you didn’t want to create a scalloped edge.
If you love being crafty, try one of the DIYs that are perfect for the winter!
We Love to Hear from You!
If you try this foot soak or any other DIY on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below. We love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the DIY.
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 2 tablespoons loose peppermint tea
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil, optional
- Bowl and Spoon
- Place all ingredients in your bowl and stir together. You can open 1-2 peppermint tea bags to create loose leaf tea.
- Transfer to an airtight container for storage. If a gift, place ribbon and tag around the top of the jar.
To use, place 1/2 cup of peppermint foot soak in hot water, insert feet and enjoy!
Best if used within a few months.
How to Use Homemade Peppermint Foot Soak
What a nice way to end the day and soothe tired feet. Add approximately 1/2 cup of the Peppermint Foot Soak to a basin of warm water and soak your feet for 20 minutes.
You will feel refreshed and your feet will thank you! Ahhhh!
Please Note: If you are pregnant or have any health concerns, check with your doctor before using Epsom salts and/or essential oils.