You need a Coffee Sugar Scrub in your life! Treat yourself to a refreshing spa-like DIY that's wonderful for exfoliation and pampering! It makes a great gift, too!
What could be better than homemade Sugar Scrub Recipes!
They're perfect for exfoliating, smoothing, and pampering yourself for pennies! Our latest creation is just what you need for a refreshing spa-like experience--A Coffee Body Scrub!
Another fan favorite is our Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub.
Why We Love This Sugar Scrub
What better way to greet the day than a Homemade Coffee Sugar Scrub!
- It perks you up during your morning routine.
- It smoothes out all those rough patches!
- It's inexpensive to make.
- Plus, it's all-natural, so there are no questionable ingredients you can't pronounce.
No matter the season, a DIY sugar scrub is something you need in your self-care routine. Sugar scrubs also make great gifts for friends, family, neighbors, teachers, or bridal or baby shower party favors.
- Glass jar – We like ones with a snap closure that keeps your scrub air-tight.
- small bowl
- measuring cup
How to Make a Coffee Sugar Scrub
You can treat yourself to a coffee-infused sugar scrub with a few simple ingredients!
- ½ cup coffee grounds - any type of coffee will work, including instant coffee.
- 1 cup organic brown sugar - we like to use organic products on our skin.
- ½ cup oil - almond, olive, grape seed, or coconut work best, and go organic if you can.
- ½ teaspoon vitamin E oil - vitamin E is a natural preservative, but it also reduces fine lines and scars, combats sun damage, and it contains anti-aging properties.
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract - we look for natural vanilla extract because we like to go as natural as we can when making our skin care products.
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
This recipe makes 1 8-ounce jar.
PRO TIP: Using solid, non-fractioned coconut oil gives you the most thereaputic benefit. If it's too firm to mix, simply microwave it until it's soft enough to stir.Erin
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together with a spoon. You can add more or less oil to your liking.
Store in an air-tight container. Since this recipe doesn't contain preservatives, it's best to use it within a month or two.
How to Use Your Coffee Sugar Scrub
- Scoop a small amount of the Sugar Scrub in your hands with a spoon.
- Scrub all over your hands or feet – or wherever you'd like extra soft skin.
- Allow to soak into your skin for a few minutes. Enjoy this time to relax!
- Rinse well and then pat dry with a soft towel.
If you're short on time, massage the scrub all over your body and rinse during your regular shower routine.
SAFETY NOTE: Be very careful while using your sugar scrubs on your feet while in the shower. The oils contained in scrubs can make your feet slippery.
How to Wrap a Sugar Scrub as a Gift
Here's the best way to make your sugar scrub into a gift or party favor:
Find a pretty jar with a secure lid.
Tie a pretty ribbon or twine around the top of the jar and attach a label. See the free printable labels below.
FREE Printable Labels
Sugar scrubs are an easy and inexpensive gift idea for so many occasions.
We have printable labels to attach to your DIY Coffee Scrub. Simply print it, cut it out, and tie it on with ribbon or twine. You can also add a small wooden spoon or spatula to finish it off.
Click here for the PRINTABLE TAGS for your Coffee Sugar Scrub.
The free labels that come with this Coffee Sugar Scrub give the name of the scrub and instructions for use.
Sugar Scrub FAQs
The coffee in a sugar scrub works really well to tighten skin and deliver a burst of antioxidants, it has anti-aging benefits and antibacterial properties. The sugar helps to gently slough away dead skin cells and ingrown hair. The coconut oil leaves your skin soft and hydrated.
It is best to use non-fractionated coconut oil (solid at room temperature). It will provide the most therapeutic benefit. Heat it slightly in the microwave to make it easy to mix together the ingredients for your scrub.
Coffee grounds can be a bit harsh for sensitive skin, so you may want to skip using a coffee scrub if you have delicate skin. And, no matter your skin type, don't scrub too aggressively with a coffee/sugar treatment.
Homemade sugar scrubs usually last about 3 months if kept in a cool, dry place. If you notice an odd smell or any discoloration, discard it.
You can use any type of fresh ground coffee that you have on hand. Instant coffee also works!
Whenever you use coconut oil in the shower or bath, run hot water down the drain after. About 30 seconds to a minute will do the trick!
More Sugar Scrub Recipes
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, DIYs, and home tips!
Coffee Sugar Scrub DIY
You need a Coffee Sugar Scrub in your life! Treat yourself to a refreshing spa-like DIY that's wonderful for exfoliation and pampering! Makes a great gift, too!
- ½ cup coffee grounds
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- ½ cup oil (almond, olive or coconut work best)
- ½ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together with a spoon. You can add more or less oil to your liking.
- Store in an air tight container.
Since this recipe doesn’t contain any preservatives, it’s best if it’s used within a month or two.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do the ingredients have to be organic and do you need the vitamin E oil
The ingredients don't have to be organic, it's just better for you 🙂 The vitamin E oil just helps preserve your scrub so that it doesn't go bad quickly. If you're going to use it quickly, it's not necessary.