Easy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
Easy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars filled with fresh strawberries and a delicious crumbly topping. A healthy, whole grain breakfast or snack idea the whole family will fall in love with!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Crust & Crumble Topping
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted (you can substitute coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats (not instant)
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white whole wheat flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line the bottom of an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, foil or with cooking spray.
To make the crust & crumble, place whole wheat flour, regular oats, honey, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Stir in melted butter and vanilla until just combined. Mixture should be a little dry and crumbly. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture, this will be your crumble topping.
Add the oat mixture to the prepared baking pan. Press mixture into the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
Cut up fresh strawberries. Scatter half of strawberries over crust. Sprinkle the tablespoon of whole wheat flour evenly over the top, then sprinkle on the lemon juice. Scatter on the remaining berries.
Evenly sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the top of the strawberries.
Bake the bars for 45 minutes. Remove the bars from the pan and let sit for 10 minutes. Cut and enjoy!
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
- This recipe is best if you use old fashioned oats, not instant oats.
- I like using the healthy option of whole wheat flour, but regular flour would also work.
Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 78mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 13.6mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.7mg