Reindeer Chow Muddy Buddies are the perfect Christmas treat! This easy Christmas Chex Puppy Chow is a must make for your holiday gatherings!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
Servings 10 Cups
- 9 cups Chex Cereal any variety will do
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup seasonal M&Ms
Pour cereal in a large mixing bowl. Next, prep a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper, set aside.
Place chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Cook for 1 minute and stir. If it's not completely melted put it back in for up to 30 seconds more. Once it's melted, add vanilla and mix. Pour it over your Chex Cereal and mix with a spatula until well coated.
Take a large plastic Ziploc bag and place powdered sugar inside, then add chocolatey cereal. Close and begin to shake it up so that all the squares are evenly covered with sugar. Place the Reindeer Chow on the baking sheet and let it cool. Once you're ready to serve, add holiday M&MS or other season candy and chow down!!
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
- Be careful not to over stir when adding the candy, it may crush the cereal.
- A gallon bag may not be large enough for this recipe, a 2 gallon Ziploc bag is better.
- You can half the recipe if you need a smaller batch.
- Store Reindeer Chow in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Calories: 588kcal | Carbohydrates: 90g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 434mg | Potassium: 391mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 790IU | Vitamin C: 7.3mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 18.7mg