The perfect comfort food – Tater Tot Casserole! This kid-friendly recipe satisfies the entire family and is on the table in just over 30 minutes! An easy weeknight dinner.
Yummy Tater Tot Casserole
Who doesn’t love tater tots?? They remind us of childhood, so we could basically eat them anytime and be perfectly content…probably a few pounds heavier, but content. Our kids now devour them, so making tater tot casserole was a no brainer for me!
Did you know Americans consume approximately 70 million pounds of tater tots per year? Guess we’re not the only ones who love them.
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here .
How to Make Tater Tot Casserole
It’s pretty easy to brown the meat, mix in the soup, milk, Worcestershire, and cheese, place the ingredients in the baking dish and top with the potatoes and cheese.
A good sturdy pan (in a cute Agave blue color) to make your casserole is this 13×9 pan  by Rachel Ray.
We wondered if the tater tots would be crisp enough and they were. So our family rates this recipe very high for ease and deliciousness!
If you’re looking for a Crock-Pot Tater Tot Casserole  recipe, we have one of those, too!
Can you Freeze Tater Tot Casserole?
Yes, tater tot casserole can be frozen either before you bake it or after. This Tater Tot Casserole Freezer Meal  article includes all the details on how to easily do it as well as how to reheat it.
You may also be wondering how to prevent freezer burn  when you store recipes in the freezer.
Tips for Making Tater Tot Casserole
- We always look for ways to make dinner a little healthier, so we often use ground turkey instead of ground beef, and we throw in some frozen peas, broccoli or green beans. The kids roll their eyes about it, but they know we care 🙂
- Using cream of chicken or celery soup, whatever you have in your pantry, also works great in this recipe.
Meatless Tater tot Casserole
You could also make this tater tot casserole meatless, which would be delicious, just by omitting the meat.
Tater Tot Casserole Variations
Fortunately, this delicious family dinner can be changed up in a million different ways.
Your family will love any one of these Tater Tot Casserole variations! Try one today!
- Mexican Tater Tot Casserole- Green chiles or jalapeños, corn, diced tomatoes, and pepper jack cheese gives this recipe a spicy flavor
- Chili Tater Tot Casserole- Add chili, corn, and olives to the base and top with tater tots and cheese
- Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole- Layer those gorgeous, crispy tots with eggs, crumbled sausage and cheese. You will not be disappointed!
- And, of course, you can make a Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole !
We Love To Hear from You!
If you try this tater tot casserole or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity  then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below, we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 10.75 ounce can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups frozen Tater Tots
- Cook beef and diced onion in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until beef is well browned, stirring to break up meat. Pour off fat.
- Stir soup, milk, 1 cup cheese and Worcestershire into skillet. Spoon beef mixture into 11x9-inch shallow baking dish. Arrange potatoes on top of meat mixture and top with remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes or until potatoes are crisp and cheese is slightly brown.
Tater tot aren’t just for lunch rooms and cafeterias. They can be enjoyed anytime. You can easily double this recipe to have throughout the week, which is a huge time saver.
Here are some other family-friendly Crockpot Recipes  to try.
You May Also Like These Comfort Food Recipes
Let us know what your family thinks!
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful home tips delivered directly to your inbox!