Cranberry Oatmeal Bars
Cranberry Oatmeal Bars are the perfect breakfast or anytime snack idea. Slightly sweet with a little tartness makes this recipe a winner! Plus, cranberries are great for holiday decorating!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 9 or 16 depending on how you cut them
Crust & Crumble Topping
- 1/2 stick butter melted (you can substitute coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour (you can substitute regular white flour)
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats (not instant)
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp orange zest
- pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons white whole wheat flour (or regular white flour)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (you can substitute regular sugar and add more if you prefer a sweeter bar)
- white chocolate (optional for drizzling over the top)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line the bottom of an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, foil or with cooking spray.
To make the crust & crumble, place whole wheat flour, regular oats, honey, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, orange zest and salt in a large bowl. Stir in melted butter and vanilla until just combined. Mixture should be a little dry and crumbly. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture, this will be your crumble topping.
Add the oat mixture to the prepared baking pan. Press mixture into the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
Place cranberries, orange juice, coconut sugar and flour in the same bowl you mixed the oat mixture and stir to combine. Place the cranberry mixture over the crust in an even layer.
Evenly sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the top of the cranberries.
Bake the bars for 45 minutes. If they start to get too brown, cover with file the last few minutes of baking. Remove the bars from the pan and let sit for 10 minutes. Drizzle with a little white chocolate if you wish. Cut and enjoy!
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
- Use regular old fashioned oats, not instant.
- Cranberry Oatmeal Bars can be frozen up to 3 months.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 5.9mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1.2mg