This yummy Vanilla Sugar Scrub is an easy, exfoliating DIY that you can make at home for pennies. A simple and all-natural beauty product that smells delicious!
Vanilla Sugar Scrub
Looking for soft, supple skin? Then this Homemade Vanilla Sugar Scrub with coconut oil will do the trick! I just love making Sugar Scrub Recipes  and pampering myself or giving them as gifts. They’re a cinch to DIY and cost only a fraction of what you’d pay if you purchase one at the store.
And oh, my, gosh! It smells wonderful!
If you like this sugar scrub you may also like this Lavender Vanilla Sugar Scrub .
Materials Needed for a Homemade Sugar Scrub
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here .
- glass jar  – I like ones with a snap closure that keep your scrub airtight.
- Organic sugar
- Organic coconut (or other) oil
- vitamin E oil
- vanilla extract 
How to Make a Vanilla Sugar Scrub
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. You can add more or less oil to your liking.
- Store in an airtight container. Since this recipe doesn’t contain any preservatives, it’s best if it’s used within a month or two.
How to Wrap a Sugar Scrub as a Gift
The best way to make your sugar scrub a gift or party favor is by tying a pretty ribbon or twine around the jar and attaching a tag.
The free tags that come with this Vanilla Sugar Scrub give the name of the scrub as well as the instructions for use.
What Sugar to Use in a Sugar Scrub
Great question! Because it’s a little finer, so less abrasive, I use white sugar for facial or lip scrubs. Brown sugar, which is a bit more coarse, is best for body scrubs. Raw sugar, which is the coarsest sugar, is nice to use for hand and foot scrubs.
How to Use Your DIY Sugar Scrub
- Scoop a small amount of the Vanilla Sugar Scrub in your hands with a spoon.
- Scrub all over your hands or feet – or wherever you’d like extra soft skin.
- Allow to soak into your skin for a few minutes. Enjoy this time to relax!
- Rinse well and then pat dry with a soft towel.
If you’re short on time, massage the scrub all over your body and rinse during your normal shower routine.
SAFETY NOTE: Be careful while using your sugar scrubs on your feet while in the shower. The oils contained in scrubs can make your feet slippery.
How Often Should You Use a Sugar Scrub?
If your skin is healthy and firm, you can use a sugar scrub a couple of times a week. However, if you have sensitive or thin skin, limit a good buffing to once a week. If you have any concerns, you can test an area of your skin before you use it on the rest of your body.
NOTE: Due to the fact they don’t have any preservatives, sugar scrubs usually keep a month or two in an airtight container.
You May Also Like These DIY Sugar Scrubs:
Lemon Sugar Scrub