Hosting Thanksgiving can be stressful, but with these tips and tricks, it will be the easiest Thanksgiving ever! These Thanksgiving hacks will make your day simple and enjoyable.
10 Tricks For the Easiest Thanksgiving Ever
Although Thanksgiving is usually filled with friends, family, and tons of good food, it can also be a stressful time as you prepare for the big feast. The key to making this the Easiest Thanksgiving Ever is planning. Here are the best tips and tricks to help you be thankful you hosted Thanksgiving this year!
Before you do anything, grab your Thanksgiving Planner and Printable Checklist !
1. Things to Do The Day Before Thanksgiving
- Brine your bird. Here are the best tips for a moist and delicious turkey .
- Fill a large cooler with ice. It use it to hold pre-made dishes or non-essential food items.
- Prep your appetizers. Cut any veggies and put dips in bowls and refrigerate.
- Prep the veggies.
- Assemble your stuffing.
- Prep the potatoes. Peel , submerge in water and refrigerate.
- Prep your desserts. Defrost pre-made pies or dough for making pies.
- Chill beverages.
2. Set the Table the Night Before
Getting things done like setting the table ahead of time will make things go much smoother the day of. You can even do this 2 days before if you’re pressed for time.
3. Empty All Dishwashers and Trash Cans the Night Before
Little things like this make a world of difference when your day is full. So empty your dishwasher and trash cans the night before.
4. Read Your Recipes Carefully to Make Sure You Have the Right Equipment on Hand
Nothing will ruin your plans like not having the right kitchen equipment to make your recipes. Read them over carefully to make sure you have everything on hand. Then again, you call always borrow from your neighbor 🙂
5. Establish a “Make-Your-Own-Breakfast” Policy
If you’re hosting guests, have a breakfast station in the kitchen stocked with cereal, muffins, granola bars, etc., so guests can make their own breakfast and you can stay focused on your to-do list!
6. Pin Up Your Recipes
It’s simple, yet effective. Tape your recipes to your upper kitchen cabinets so they stay clean and you can see what you’re doing at a glance.
7. Use Dried Herbs
Forget to get fresh herbs? Don’t worry, use 1 teaspoon of dried herbs for one tablespoon of fresh herbs.
8. Chill Wine Quickly
You can do this by wrapping the bottle in a dish towel and placing it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Set a timer so you don’t forget to get it out!
9. Sort Your Serving Plates
Designate your serving plates and utensils and put labels on them the night before.
10. Use a Slow Cooker to Keep Your Mashed Potatoes Warm
Yep, it totally works. Don’t use a precious burner, place your mashers in the slow cooker and they’ll be nice and warm when ready to eat. Butter the inside and place a little cream in the bottom, then fill with your spuds. Set it to warm and stir every 30 minutes or so.
Bonus Thanksgiving Hacks
- Use your coffee thermos to keep your gravy warm. Once your gravy is done, just pour into a thermos and it will be hot when ready to serve.
- Here’s a quick and easy Thanksgiving Table Decoration Idea .
- This cranberry recipe  is the best!
- Guests love this Thanksgiving appetizer .
- 7 Tips for the perfect Thanksgiving Turkey .
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful home tips delivered directly to your inbox!