The BEST way to eat Brussels Spouts is to roast them! This Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe is so simple, yet so delicious. Even kids like this tasty side dish!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
I know, not everyone’s favorite, but trust me – prepared this way these Roasted Brussels sprouts are delicious! Who remembers hating Brussels Sprouts as a kid?
Not any more!
Many skeptics changed their mind about Brussels with this recipe. Roasting is an easy way to cook them while getting the rest of your dinner ready. The come out of the oven crisp, tender and ready to accompany just about any meal.
I’ve even put them in a chicken and rice bowl…yum! We also eat them with this yummy Tater Tot Casserole. 
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Yes! Yes! And Yes! Bacon is a great add, too!
Simply place 2-3 slices of chopped bacon into your pan that you’re roasting your Brussels and you’ll have a delicious bacony side!
Note: The added fat from the bacon tends to not get the Brussels Sprouts as crispy. So, an alternative is to add cooked and chopped bacon once the Brussels come out of the oven.
How do you Make Brussel Sprouts Crispy?
The trick to make Brussel Sprouts crispy is a hot oven. Roasting them at 425 degrees Fahrenheit is what seems to work best to get the nice crispy outside.
Other tips for Crispy Brussels Sprouts include:
- Cutting them in half or quarters (depending on size) so you have a nice flat surface to place on the roasting pan to crisp up.
- Also, making sure that cut side is face down as you put them into the oven.
Tips for Roasting Brussels Sprouts
- This tasty vegetable side dish is good year round, but especially nice on a cold winter night when comfort food is in order.
- Use a good quality of olive oil for the best flavor.
- For variety, Brussels also make a great starter when entertaining guests. Serve with garlic aioli. Yum!
- The part that takes the longest when preparing, but is so worth it, is the quartering of the Brussels. This gives them more surface area to get nice and crisp while roasting in the oven.
- Sometimes for a little variety, we sprinkle them with a little balsamic vinegar when they’re finished cooking, which gives them a slightly different, but great flavor.
f you’ve tried these Roasted Brussels Sprouts or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity , then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK , TWITTER , INSTAGRAM  and PINTEREST  to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion (optional)
- Bacon bits (optional)
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut off any brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and then cut them into quarters.
- Mix them (and sliced onion if using) in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan lined with foil and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp on the outside but tender on the inside.
- Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with a tiny bit more sea salt and serve immediately.
Let me know what you think…I’m sure you’ll become a fan!