This Roasted Asparagus with Lemon is a simple and easy side dish that’s ready in minutes. Fresh asparagus is roasted to perfection and seasoned with lemon juice.
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon
This simple little veggie recipe got me to like asparagus! It’s true, until I found Roasted Asparagus with Lemon, I didn’t know these green stalks could be so good! Just add lemon!
Honestly, I kinda just avoided them. I must have tried them as a kid and thought nah, not for me. Funny thing is, my kids like them, so I figured why not give them another try.
This easy recipe was a game changer. It really is the perfect spring vegetable. It’s low in calories and a great source of nutrients–including fiber, folate and vitamins A, C and K.
Our gang likes Roasted Asparagus with Instant Pot Lemon Chicken . The lemon in the chicken pairs perfectly with the lemon drizzled asparagus.
Do you like roasted vegetables, like me?! Have you tried Roasted Brussels Sprouts ?? So. Darn. Good!
How to Cook Roasted Asparagus with Lemon in the Oven
This veggie side dish is really easy to prepare (like 5 minutes of prep) and cooks while you get the rest of your dinner ready. One pan clean up, too!
And yes, do wash your asparagus before cooking 🙂
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Wash your asparagus and break or cut off the hard, fibrous end of the stems. Place asparagus on a roasting pan or Silpat mat in a single layer.
Fortunately, I learned the trick of breaking the ends from my grandma before she passed. The stalk literally breaks in the perfect spot to have just the tender part you want to eat left, not the woody stem.
If you like to cut them where you think the woody part begins, that’s great, too.
Next, drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over asparagus. Season with sea salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Pro Tip: Tuck a couple lemon slices under the asparagus for added flavor.
Place in the oven and roast asparagus for 8-10 minutes. 12 minutes if you have thick stalks.
When the stalks are slightly browned and crisp-tender, they are done.
Plate them up and they’re ready to serve!
How to Pick the Best Asparagus
March is when asparagus comes into season and the perfect time to grab a bunch or two to roast up.
- When shopping for asparagus, the first I thing look at are the tips. Tips that are firm with closed petals and minimal to no budding are the best.
- The stalks should be a nice bright green and be firm without looking woody or dehydrated.
Tips for Making Roasted Asparagus
- A good quality olive oil makes for great flavor!
- If possible, use fresh squeezed lemon juice. It brings out the flavor of the asparagus. Bottled lemon juice will do in a pinch.
- For variety, you can add 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese before roasting. It’s delish!
- You can totally eat the lemon slices after they are roasted with your asparagus, they have nice sweet, caramelized flavor. Or just use them as garnish.
Supplies Used to Make Roasted Asparagus in the Oven
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here .
Roasting Pan  – Love this 3-piece set that comes with pan, rack AND a Silpat baking mat.
Silpat Mat – hands down, my favorite baking and roasting essential for sweet and savory foods.
If you’ve tried these Christmas Kabobs or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity , then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK , TWITTER , INSTAGRAM  and PINTEREST  to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon
- 1 pound fresh asparagus (ends trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and if desired line a rimmed roasting pan with parchment paper. Wash asparagus and break or cut off the hard, fibrous end of the stems.
- Place asparagus on your roasting pan or Silpat mat in a single layer.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over asparagus. Season with sea salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat. Tuck lemon slices around asparagus.
- Place in preheated oven and roast for 8-10 minutes or until the asparagus is crisp on the outside and tender in the center.
So grab some fresh asparagus and whip up this easy Roasted Asparagus Recipe with Lemon!