This Lavender Vanilla Sugar Scrub recipe is an easy DIY to pamper yourself or give as a lovely gift. A homemade sugar scrub that’s all natural and smells wonderful!
Lavender Vanilla Sugar Scrub
Have you tried making your own sugar scrub? Store bought varieties are great, but can be expensive and may contain not-so-natural ingredients and preservatives.
It’s so simple and inexpensive to make your own natural DIY sugar scrub recipes, you’ll be hooked!
I enjoy mixing up a batch, placing it in a pretty bottle and giving it as a gift, too. All my mommy friends are getting one for either their Birthday or Mother’s Day so they can pamper themselves with silky smooth skin!
Materials Needed for a Homemade Sugar Scrub
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
How to Make a Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (almond, olive or coconut work best)
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- You can add more or less oil to your liking.
- Store in an air tight container. Since this recipe doesn’t contain any preservatives, it’s best if it’s used within a month or two.
How to Use Your DIY Sugar Scrub
- Scoop a small amount of the Lavender Vanilla Sugar Scrub in your hands with a spoon.
- Scrub all over your hands or feet – or wherever you’d like extra soft skin.
- Allow to soak into your skin for a few minutes. Enjoy this time to relax!
- Rinse well and then pat dry with a soft towel.
DIY Beauty Products with Lavender
Bonus, with this DIY beauty product, you not only get skin that’s more healthy and vibrant, you receive the wellness benefits of using lavender essential oil, which include its ability to eliminate tension, promote relaxation, relieve pain, and enhance blood circulation.
My other favorite Scrubs is this Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub that smells good enough to eat!
This DIY Peppermint Bath Salt Recipe is also a great homemade treat.
You may also like:
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!