Need a satisfying and Healthy Crockpot Turkey Chili that’s easy to throw together? Try this zesty, protein-packed, full-flavor slow cooker recipe. Weeknights have never been so easy!
Healthy Crockpot Turkey Chili
No matter what time of year it is, a hearty and healthy recipe is always a good thing to have in rotations. Nothing too heavy, but nourishing and delicious. This Healthy Crockpot Chili is just that! Packed with zesty flavor, fiber and oh, so much deliciousness.
The best part? This recipe is a crockpot meal that you can toss in the slow cooker and come home to a warm, protein-packed dinner.
At our house, I make recipes I know everyone will love. We often eat these Chicken Lettuce Wraps  or this Mexican Chicken, Rice and Veggie Casserole , but my family really enjoys chili on cold nights because it can be customized to their liking. They can add some rice or quinoa for an even heartier meal. Or, they could top it with some avocado or cheese – because who doesn’t love cheese??
In case you’re interested, here’s the Weight Watchers points per serving for this Turkey Chili: 4 SmartPoint; 3 PointsPlus; 2 POINTS (old)
When you need something for a hungry crowd, this is an awesome tailgating or football party recipe too!
How To Make A Healthy Crockpot Chili
In less than 15 minutes, you can brown your meat, saute your onions, peppers and zucchini and place the rest of the ingredients and spices in your crockpot. Then, set it and forget it. 4-5 hours later, dinner and perhaps lunch for the next day are DONE!
Of course you can add delicious topping like jalapeño peppers, cheese, torilla chips, sour cream, cilantro or even fresh sliced avocado.
When I know my hungry boys are coming home from practice and I need an even heartier meal, I often serve over rice or quinoa. This tends to fill them up and make them happy campers!
Tips for the Best Weight Watchers Chili
- You can use ground turkey or ground beef in this recipe, both are delicious.
- If you like your chili to have some kickkk, add some jalapeno peppers to the recipe.
- For topping: cheese, avocado, tortilla chips, cilantro, sour cream.
- For a hearty meal serve over rice or quinoa.
- This chili recipe freezes well.
If you’ve tried this CROCKPOT TURKEY CHILI or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity , then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK , TWITTER , INSTAGRAM  and PINTEREST  to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
This recipe originally appeared on Real Housemoms 
Healthy Crockpot Turkey Chili
- 1 lb ground turkey (or extra-lean ground beef)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 sweet onion (diced)
- 1 medium zucchini (grated)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 28 oz can (diced tomatoes)
- 1 15 oz can (red kidney beans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles (or 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp black pepper and salt (to taste)
- Cook ground beef or turkey in a nonstick skillet. Cook until well browned. Add garlic the last few minutes of cooking. Drain off any fat, then return to the pan. Add peppers and onions and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in chili powder and cumin.
- Place tomatoes, kidney beans, zucchini, chilies or jalapeno, tomato paste, basil and meat mixture in crockpot and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high until flavors are blended, about 4-5 hours. Season to taste with black pepper and salt.
- Per serving: 4 SmartPoint; 3 PointsPlus; 2 POINTS (old)
This Easy Crockpot Turkey Chili is a weeknight favorite the whole family will love, but it’s only 4 SmartPoints per serving, so you all can dig in!
We love Healthy Crock Pot Recipes!
You May Also Like These Family-Favorite Crockpot Meals:
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!