This 4-ingredient Pineapple Cucumber Salad is a simple side dish recipe with amazing flavor! Zing and tang! It’s so easy because it’s ready in under 10 minutes. Whole30 too!
Pineapple Cucumber Salad
Oh, the sweet colors and tastes of summer! This Pineapple Cucumber Salad has a light and airy feel but packs some delicious flavor and it’s healthy, low calorie, and gluten-free too!
And how about a fruit salad recipe you can make in minutes? You in?
Thought so! I too just love a dish you can throw together and it looks this good and tastes even better. If you’re a fan of sweet pineapple, these Grilled Pineapple Meatballs  are an easy one too! My family gives them a thumbs up.
Can you picture this fresh little salad chilling at your backyard BBQ or maybe having a laid back Sunday at your brunch table?
How to Make a Pineapple Cucumber Salad
With only 4-ingredients, bingo your salad is born.
It takes only minutes to cut up your pineapple (you could even buy already cubed pineapple for super-fast prep!) and cucumber.
Then, you mince up some cilantro.
If you like cilantro then you have to try this Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing ! Our fav for salads (any time of year) and a marinade for meat!
Finally, zest on some lime and then drizzle on fresh lime juice. The flavors really come together if you can let it sit for just a little while.
Tips for Making Fresh Pineapple Cucumber Salad
- Fresh cut pineapple is best, but feel free to grab a container of precut pineapple for an even quicker recipe.
- I like the flavors to meld together, so you can eat this salad as soon as it’s made, but it’s even better if it gets to sit in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- If using an English cucumber, the skin is thin enough to leave on, so no need to peel.
- Fresh is best when it comes to lime in my opinion. I like fresh lime for this recipe, but you can use the refrigerated jar variety if that’s what you have on hand.
How to Make This a Pineapple Basil Salad
Interestingly enough, we heard some aren’t fans of cilantro. You say it tastes like soap. Well, good news! You can make this salad with basil or mint too! Just omit the cilantro and substitute the same amount of fresh minced basil (or mint).
How to Turn this into Pineapple Cucumber Salsa
This fresh pineapple salad is versatile. If you want it to be a salsa to serve with chips, that can totally be done!
Just chop your pineapple and cucumber into more of dice than a chunk. Add some diced jalapeños to your liking, and 1/4 cup diced onion and it’s ready for poolside dipping!
How To Serve Pineapple Cucumber Salad
How pretty would the fresh pineapple salad be next to grilled fish or a zesty fish taco? Needless to say, this recipe makes a perfect side to most summer dishes. Here are a few combos I think would be perfect:
- BBQ Pork or Pulled Pork 
- Grilled Fish
- Fish Tacos
- Herbed Grilled Chicken
Items Used to Make Pineapple Cucumber Salad
Microplaner  – excellent for hard cheeses, onions, citrus fruits, ginger, and more!
Lemon/Lime Squeezer  – perfect for getting all the juice out of your citrus fruit! Dishwasher safe.
See Below for Video for How to Make Pineapple Cucumber Salad
Easy Pineapple Cucumber Salad
- 1 fresh pineapple (chopped)
- 1 English cucumber (chopped)
- 2 fresh limes (zested and juiced)
- ⅓ cup cilantro (minced)
- salt (optional)
- Chop pineapple and cucumber into chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple, cucumber, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and sprinkle to taste with salt if using.
- Serve immediately, or keep in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to let the flavors blend together.
Enjoy this salad during the summer, but really it’s good any time of the year!