Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are a delicious recipe idea your whole family will love! A healthy grab and go breakfast or after school snack!
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here .
Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
What can I say. We’re a family who loves oatmeal bars ! These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are no exception! No too sweet, but totally satisfying! They make a nutritious easy breakfast or snack.
It’s hard finding healthy food recipes  the kids love, especially snacks that don’t come in a package or wrapper and contain icky processed ingredients. One of my go-to healthy snack ingredients is oatmeal. Oatmeal contains calcium, potassium and soluble fiber so it’s good for your heart and health!
Oatmeal bars contain whole grain ingredients and have the added benefit of a little protein, when you add peanut butter, to keep the kiddos satisfied. (Natural peanut butter, of course 🙂 )
If you like bananas, you have to try these Banana Oatmeal Bars !! Addictive!
The more I read, the more I find it important to bake my own snacks and treats for my family. Artificial ingredients and preservatives are everywhere, so it’s important to balance that out with some wholesome goodness.
Recipe for Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
Making these tasty baked peanut butter bars is pretty darn easy. You likely have all the ingredients on hand and can whip them up before the kids are home from school. Perfect!
One bowl. One pan. One delicious snack!
Combine all your wet ingredients – peanut butter, eggs, vanilla and honey.
Then add your dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly and then press into baking pan.
Bake, let cool, and top with a drizzle of chocolate if you’re so inclined. (how could you not be inclined, it’s chocolate!)
Tips for Making Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- These Peanut Butter Bars with Oatmeal aren’t that sweet, so if you want a sweeter bar, you can add a bit more sugar. I find adding a little drizzle of chocolate (dark or semi-sweet) gives them exactly what they need to please everyone!
- If your family prefers regular flour, sub out the whole wheat.
- One of my readers suggested doubling the batch – they’re that good!
- To store, layer the bars between waxed paper in an airtight container. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Bring back to room temperature before serving.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
You can make this recipe gluten-free, but omitting the whole wheat flour and upping the oats to 2 cups. Just make sure they are gluten free oats.
Supplies Used for This Recipe
If you’ve tried these PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL BARS or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity , then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK , TWITTER , INSTAGRAM  and PINTEREST  to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey or brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of an 8x8 pan with parchment paper spray or with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the peanut butter, eggs, honey, and vanilla. Mix to combine. Stir in baking soda, old fashioned oats and whole wheat flour until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Place batter in the prepared pan and press mixture into the bottom of the pan in an even layer. Bake for 15-17 minutes. If you over cook, it may get dry. Stick a tooth pick into the center, when it comes out clean it's done.
- You can stop here or add a little chocolate topping. While bars cool on a wire rack, melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals until completely melted.
- Once your chocolate is melted, drizzle over the top of the bars. Enjoy!
If you like Oatmeal, You’ll Love These:
Easy Oatmeal Bars 
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!