This is one of the easiest and best tasting Chicken Enchilada Verde Soup recipes around! A bowl of this has so much flavor you’ll think it’s been simmering for hours – but only takes 30 minutes! Dinner couldn’t be simpler.
Easy Chicken Enchilada Verde Soup
My husband is easy to please. Make him a tasty soup – especially a Chicken Enchilada Soup – and he’s a happy man. I have tried several enchilada soup recipes over the years. The one I make with my Vitamix (yes, you can cook soup in a blender), is good, but I like this recipe better because it tastes so authentic.
The combination of salsa verde and the corn chips gives it a thick, rich flavor that just WOWS!
Tips for Making the Best Chicken Enchilada Soup
- To save time, you can use a store-bought roasted chicken or you can use chicken you cook at home.
- Garnish your Chicken Enchilada Verde Soup with avocado and cheese, and if you want, a few extra chips, a lime wedge and cilantro.
- This soup also good with a little dollop of sour cream, but I’m a big fan of the tangy stuff, so it’s totally optional for you!
If you’ve tried this CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity , then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK , TWITTER , INSTAGRAM  and PINTEREST  to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth (preferably unsalted)
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 can 15 oz black or pinto beans ((rinsed and drained))
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onions and cook 3-4 minutes until softened. Stir in garlic and cook one minute more.
- Add broth, salsa verde, beans, chicken, and tortilla chips into the pot.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- Serve and enjoy!
One of my favorite dinner hacks is using store bought rotisserie chicken. I’m not sure I could go a week without one 🙂 Using roasted chicken for this recipe really makes this soup come together easily and taste so good.
This is everything you look for in a recipe – easy, quick, delicious and reheatable. It tastes exactly like an enchilada. You could even add some hot peppers if you wanted a little kick.
Another quick and easy dinner recipe that our family loves is this Tater Tot Casserole . It pleases everyone at the table. With a family of 6, that’s saying something!
Enjoy a quick and delicious dinner! If your husband is like mine, he’ll thank you.
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful home tips delivered directly to your inbox!