Sweetened only with bananas, these Banana Almond Butter Muffins are a deliciously healthy recipe you’ll make again and again. They’re gluten-free and dairy-free, too!
Banana Almond Butter Muffins
We can find dozens of reasons to make Banana Almond Butter Muffins! The best reason – the flavor! The perfect combination of banana and chocolate baked to perfection is how these delicious muffins roll.
The other reasons you’ll be making these whenever you have ripe banana?
- They are easy to whip together and place in the oven for make-ahead breakfasts or snacks.
- They contain NO SUGAR. The bananas sweeten them just right. Just make sure you use the super ripe ones, though.
- They are grain-free. A little coconut flour is all you need!
- They satisfy a sweet craving like no other.
- They only require one bowl and one pan to make!
- Kids and grown ups devour these healthy muffins.
Related: Banana Oat Bars 
Have you tired these Gluten-free Peanut Butter Cookies , yet? You’ll love them, too!
How to Make Banana Almond Butter Muffins
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here .
Ready to use those ripe bananas on the counter? Here we go!
Next, in a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, softened coconut oil, vanilla extract and creamy almond butter until fully combined.
Fill each of the 12 muffin cups about 2/3 of the way full. Top with more chocolate chunks or chips, if desired.
Tip: The best way to fill your muffin cups is by using a cookie scoop !
Bake for about 20 minutes. To check to see if they are ready, insert a toothpick into the center. When done, it will come out clean, and the muffins should spring back when poked with a finger (not stay indented).
Tips for Baking Banana Almond Butter Muffins
- Ripe banana work best in this recipe.
- You can use any type of chocolate – semi-sweet, dark or milk. Or leave it out entirely.
How To Store Almond Butter Muffins
To store, place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a 5 days.
How to Freeze Gluten-Free Banana Almond Butter Muffins
The best way to freeze these muffins to enjoy later is flash freezing. This is basically placing the muffins individully on a baking sheet, freezing them and then placing in a freezer safe container. They can be stored up to 3 months.
Just make sure you follow our tips to Prevent Freezer Burn  and have delicious muffins from the freezer whenever you want!
If you try these Banana Almond Butter Muffins or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity  then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below, we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
Banana Almond Butter Muffins
- 3-4 medium bananas (about 1⅔ cups mashed)
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup creamy almond butter
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup ground flax seeds (optional)
- 4 ounces chocolate chips or chunks
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners or coat with coconut oil, then preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, softened coconut oil, vanilla extract and almond butter until fully combined.
- Add your dry ingredients including the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt (flax seed if using) to the wet ingredients and mix well. Use a whisk or an electric mixer. With a spatula, fold in chocolate chips or chunks.
- Fill each of the 12 muffin cups about 2/3 of the way full with batter. Top with more chocolate chunks or chips, if desired.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. To check for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center. It will come out clean when done. Also, the muffins should spring back when poked with a finger (not stay indented).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack for about ½ hour. Take muffins out of the pan and allow to fully cool.
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful home tips delivered directly to your inbox!