Sweetened only with bananas, these Banana Almond Butter Muffins are a deliciously healthy recipe you’ll make again and again. They’re gluten-free and dairy-free, too!
Banana Almond Butter Muffins
We can find dozens of reasons to make Banana Almond Butter Muffins! The best reason – the flavor! The perfect combination of banana and chocolate baked to perfection is how these delicious muffins roll.
The other reasons you’ll be making these whenever you have ripe banana?
- They are easy to whip together and place in the oven for make-ahead breakfasts or snacks.
- They contain NO SUGAR. The bananas sweeten them just right. Just make sure you use the super ripe ones, though.
- They are grain-free. A little coconut flour is all you need!
- They satisfy a sweet craving like no other.
- They only require one bowl and one pan to make!
- Kids and grown ups devour these healthy muffins.
Have you tired these Gluten-free Peanut Butter Cookies , yet? You’ll love them, too!
How to Make Banana Almond Butter Muffins
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here .
Ready to use those ripe bananas on the counter? Here we go!
Next, in a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, softened coconut oil, vanilla extract and creamy almond butter until fully combined.
Fill each of the 12 muffin cups about 2/3 of the way full. Top with more chocolate chunks or chips, if desired.
Tip: The best way to fill your muffin cups is by using a cookie scoop !
Bake for about 20 minutes. To check to see if they are ready, insert a toothpick into the center. When done, it will come out clean, and the muffins should spring back when poked with a finger (not stay indented).
Tips for Baking Banana Almond Butter Muffins
- Ripe banana work best in this recipe.
- You can use any type of chocolate – semi-sweet, dark or milk. Or leave it out entirely.
How To Store Almond Butter Muffins
To store, place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a 5 days.
If you’ve tried these Banana Almond Butter Muffins or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity , then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK , TWITTER , INSTAGRAM  and PINTEREST  to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Banana Almond Butter Muffins
- 3-4 medium bananas (about 1⅔ cups mashed)
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup creamy almond butter
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup ground flax seeds (optional)
- 4 ounces chocolate chips or chunks
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners or coat with coconut oil, then preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, softened coconut oil, vanilla extract and almond butter until fully combined.
- Add your dry ingredients including the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt (flax seed if using) to the wet ingredients and mix well. Use a whisk or an electric mixer. With a spatula, fold in chocolate chips or chunks.
- Fill each of the 12 muffin cups about 2/3 of the way full with batter. Top with more chocolate chunks or chips, if desired.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. To check for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center. It will come out clean when done. Also, the muffins should spring back when poked with a finger (not stay indented).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack for about ½ hour. Take muffins out of the pan and allow to fully cool.
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!