Want an easy classic party appetizer that doesn’t disappoint? Try these 3 Ingredient Crock Pot Grape Jelly Meatballs and you’ll be the hit of your next party or tailgater!
3 Ingredient Crockpot Meatballs
Do you have any of those easy, but delicious recipes everybody raves about in your recipe box? This is one of ours. 3-ingredient Crockpot Meatballs or as it’s often called – Grape Jelly Meatballs.
We make it for potlucks, game day or family get-togethers because it feeds a crowd nicely.
It’s really so simple – throw the 3 ingredients in the crockpot, wait three hours, and they come out perfect every time! The slow-cooked flavor is amazing!
Another game day favorite is Loaded Tater Tot Nachos !
If you’re new to your crockpot, definitely read these Crockpot Tips and Tricks !
Grape Jelly Meatballs
We took these meatballs to a Super Bowl party this year and everyone, kids and grown-ups, raved about how good these meatballs are. They were the first to go. Moist and juicy with the perfect combination of flavors.
Who needs a plate? I’ve been known to eat them right out of the serving dish!
They are tangy, yet sweet, so kids gobble them up and adults love ’em too! We’ve even served the leftovers for dinner the next day. Dinner was on the table in a flash 🙂
Slow Cooker Recipes You Need to Try
What Ingredients are in Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Meatballs?
This is seriously ONE EASY RECIPE!
There are only 3 ingredients!
- GRAPE JELLY – Any brand will do!
- CHILI SAUCE – Yep, chili sauce. The sweet and sour flavor combo is something special! See below for where to find it.
- MEATBALLS – The beauty of this recipe is that any type of meatball can be used. We find the big bag from Costco to be a good option because they’re delicious and ecumenical. You can also purchase a bag from the grocery store or make your own. Turkey meatballs work in the recipe as well!
How to Make Grape Jelly Meatballs – the classic party appetizer
Ready for the simple, yet oh, so good recipe??
Combine grape jelly and chili sauce in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until warm, like 5-10 minutes. When in a real hurry, we’ve skipped this step and they still come out great!
Place meatballs in your slow cooker  (a 6-quart will do) and top with grape jelly mixture.
Cook on low for 3-4 hours! Enjoy your delicious meatball recipe!
Tips for Making Grape Jelly Meatballs
- This recipe can also be made with BBQ sauce instead of chili sauce. If we make it that way, we always use Sweet Baby Ray’s Original BBQ Sauce .
- You can use homemade meatballs or frozen meatballs in this recipe.
- You can serve your meatballs with toothpicks for an appetizer or over rice as a main meal!
- A reader recently told me this recipe is also great using kielbasa! Yum!
If you try these 3-Ingredient Crockpot Meatballs or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity  then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below, we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
3-Ingredient Crockpot Meatballs
- 1 32 oz jar grape jelly
- 2 12 oz bottles tomato-based chili sauce ((like Heinz))
- 5 pounds precooked cocktail size meatballs
- Combine grape jelly and chili sauce in a saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until warm, 5 to 10 minutes. (I've skipped this step and they still came out great!)
- Place meatballs in crockpot and top with grape jelly mixture.
- Cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours. Enjoy!
Since we are usually running from one kid’s activity to the next, it’s nice to be able to leave the crockpot and come back and have an appetizer ready to take to a friend’s house.
Crockpot Meatballs stay moist, so serving the next day, or the day after that, totally works!
These meatballs are really so simple and oh, so delish! I never thought grape jelly would be something that’d make such a great recipe, but it adds the right amount of sweetness without being overpowering.
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here .
Where to find Chili Sauce
If you’re not sure where to find the chili sauce, try looking in the Ketchup aisle at the grocery store. And Costco is a great place to get a big bag of tasty frozen meatballs.
We promise if you serve these Crockpot Grape Jelly Meatballs at your next event, you’ll be the hit of the party!
What’s one of your signature recipes that everyone loves?
You may also like these game day favorites:
Tater Tot Casserole 
Quinoa Pizza Bites 
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful home tips delivered directly to your inbox!