This 5-minute Homemade Hummus Recipe is even better than store bought! It’s fresh, creamy and a healthy, gluten free snack idea that’s good anytime!
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
How To Make Homemade Hummus
Store bought is good, but Homemade Hummus is even better!! It’s so fresh and creamy, you’ll be hooked on this homemade version the first time you make it…I am! I love to enjoy it with fresh veggies out of the garden or a tasty cracker…but pita chips are my favorite!
If you know me, you know I’m a snacker. Not a slacker. A SNACKER. Anything in small bites is right up my alley. I also like to eat healthy, so I started making my own hummus and haven’t looked back. It so easy and keeps in the fridge for about a week, so it’s handy whenever that little snack urge strikes!
Tips For The Best Homemade Hummus
- Remember to reserve a little of the liquid from the can of chick peas because that’s what makes this hummus so smooth and creamy.
- Making hummus in a blender is fine as long as it’s high powered. I’ve used my Vitamix and it turned out great. But what doesn’t turn out great in a Vitamix?
- Removing the skins of the chickpea will make the hummus really creamy, but I often skip this extra step and it turns out great!
- Fresh is best – fresh lemon and garlic really make this recipe zesty and delicious.
- Homemade hummus will keep for about a week in the fridge.
- You can change up the flavor of your hummus by added roasted red pepper, cumin or spices of your choice!
What Goes With Hummus?
- Pita Chips
- Sliced Cucumber
- Corn Chips
- Feta Cheese
- Crackers of Choice
- Fresh Veggies (carrots, zucchini, celery)
- Spread On Sandwiches
- Sliced Pita Bread
Here’s a Quick Video How-To
With this easy recipe and the few simple tricks, you can make creamy smooth hummus at home and yes, we really do think it’s even better than store bought 🙂
You May Also Like:
This Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Dip is a family favorite. Well, when I share it that is 🙂
The best make ahead recipe for gatherings are these 3-Ingredient Crockpot Meatball. Always the hit of the party.
Join the Suburban Simplicity community and get a FREEBIE!
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!