This easy DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub smells wonderfully refreshing and gives you silky smooth skin. Also, the perfect idea for a handmade gift!
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub
Once you try making your own DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub 🍋- you’ll be hooked!! It’s soooo easy and so pampering! You’ll feel like you’re luxuriating at an expensive spa, but only need to step into your shower 🙂
There are some amazing benefits to Lemon Essential Oil! Not only is it a wonderful mood enhancer and a good remedy for restoring luster to dull skin, it helps with concentration, so great to use in your morning shower to start your day right.
Supplies for Making a Sugar Scrub
Ingredients for DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub
1 cup sugar (using an organic one like this works well)
1/2 cup oil (almond, olive or coconut work best)
1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil (optional – it helps preserve your scrub and provides a little extra softening)
15 drops lemon essential oil
How to Make A Sugar Scrub
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. You can add more or less oil to your liking.
- Store in an air tight container. Since this recipe doesn’t contain any preservatives, it’s best if it’s used within a month or two.
How to Use Your Sugar Scrub
- Scoop a small amount of the Lemon Sugar Scrub in your hands with a spoon.
- Scrub all over your hands or feet – or wherever you’d like a little extra softness.
- Allow to sit on your on your skin for 3-4 minutes. Enjoy this time to rest and relax.
- Rinse well and then pat dry with a soft towel.
If you want the darling tag to go with your Lemon Sugar Scrub, click here.
What’s your favorite DIY beauty product?
You May Also Like These DIY Beauty Products:
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!